Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Friday, March 8, 2013

New Personal Trainer!

I don't know about you, but when I meet someone new, I automatically want to know more about them. This used to entail actually *gasp* talking to people! Now, thanks to the wonders of the internet, you don't even have to talk to someone to get to know them! How awesome! haha! So, naturally, after meeting my trainer, I took his card and put the internet to good use. (Isn't that what it's made for? Stalking people and funny cat videos?) Would you believe I cannot find anything about him online? No Facebook profile, no Linked In profile, no ZabaSearch information. NOTHING! Who doesn't have an online presence? So, naturally, this leads me to believe that he is either a super spy, or in the witness protection program. I'm cool with that. From now on, I'm just going to refer to him as my super spy!

So anyways, on Wednesday, I went to meet with my super spy for the first time. I really liked my old personal trainer. She was awesome. I absolutely LOVE this one. With my first, I didn't really feel like our personalities meshed well. With this one, we just clicked. We did the usual stretching out before hand and he showed me a way to work with my sciatic nerve to hopefully help it not bug me too much (those of you that have been pregnant before may know of the pain I'm talking about...horrible lower back pain that leads to shooting pains down your leg.) It started when I was pregnant with Caitlin and I have suffered with it ever since. Hopefully this will help. On a side note, even before this stretch, I figured out that going on the elliptical REALLY helped with that. After one of my workouts, my back was KILLING me. It hurt to walk. The next day, after about five minutes on the elliptical, the pain was gone! At the end of that day's workout, I went on an ab machine and quickly realized that was the machine that was causing the problems. Five minutes on the elliptical and the pain was once again nonexistent! How awesome is that? The elliptical I use at the gym is the Octane Pro3700. I don't know if the other ellipticals would help with my pain or not. I haven't used them. So, back to my super spy...we did a bunch of stuff with TRX (by the way, I totally want one of these for my house!) and some stuff with the cable machines. The cable machines still intimidate me, but the trainers seem to really like them. I was glad that we worked with the TRX as the gym has a Body Web class that I've been wanting to take, but I wasn't sure if I could do it. I think I can! Lots of squats and lunges later and our session was over.

Fast forward to yesterday (the day after meeting with my super spy). I can barely move! Every muscle in my body aches! I want to cry as I walk down the stairs. HOLY MOLEY! Seriously, it was bad. Some would say it was a good kind of hurt. I just say it hurt! I still went to the gym. My super spy was working and I'm pretty sure he laughed at me when I hobbled into the gym. He came over to me when I was on the bike and asked how I was doing. I told him that I could barely move. He told me that was a good thing and that the best way to deal with that was to do some more squats and lunges. I may or may not have sworn at him. lol

Wednesday was my last session. I've talked to my husband and he has agreed that as soon as we have the money, I can purchase eight more sessions. They're pretty expensive, but I think they're totally worth it. I would never push myself as hard as my trainer does and I have a LOT less faith in myself than he does! Thank goodness one of us thinks I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment