Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Friday, May 17, 2013

Refocusing on my "why."

It's no secret that I've been struggling recently. Dinner time seems to be the most difficult for me. I can be great all day, then go crazy at dinner. Night time snacking has returned with a vengeance. I KNOW I need to get things back under control, but I consciously choose not to. I'm not snacking without realizing it. I'm snacking with an "I'll do better tomorrow" attitude. "Tomorrow" has turned into six months. SIX MONTHS! It's just not okay.

I ran into my sponsor, Amber, the other day at Hobby Lobby. (This was my first time ever going there...I think I spent about three hours there! SUCH an awesome store!) I told her that I had been struggling and not  only not losing weight, but rapidly gaining it back. She then contacted our friend, Craig, who sent me this text:
Keep your eye on your why Katie :) What made you start in the first place, why is this so important to you? Keep doing the simple things, make sure to eat as much as you're outputting and if you are focused on hitting a certain weight put the scale away for 10 days at a time so you are not stressing over hitting that number, in turn boosting your cortisol levels and slowing fat loss. You are an amazing spirit, remember this is NOT a race, it is to find the real you, and to get to your why may take different speeds, but as long as you're pointed in the right direction nothing will stop you :) Much love! Craig
He's absolutely right. I think I've forgotten my "why." Why am I doing this? I'm doing this so I can play with my kids. I'm doing this so my children grow up knowing that eating right and exercise is an important part of life. I'm doing this so I can live to see my great grandchildren. I'm doing this so I can figure out who I am. I'm doing this so I can feel good about myself and not shy away from opportunities because I'm embarrassed by who I am. I'm doing this so I can LIVE. These are the things that are important to me and I can't let food stand in the way of accomplishing these things in my life.

I'm putting my vision board back up so I can really focus on why I am doing these things and remember that I want my "why" more than I want Taco Bell. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment