Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Feeling GREAT!

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, nor have I fallen of plan!  Usually, you can pretty much count on the fact that I've fallen off plan if I haven't blogged in a little while. (I start a new blog each time I seriously try to lose weight, and a couple of months in, I steadily write fewer and fewer posts until I just stop posting altogether because I've completely fallen off plan. You know, if I don't write it, it's not happening, right?  WRONG! The first sign of me faltering is not blogging. That's not the case this time! I've just been busy busy busy! I knew I HAD to write today because something INCREDIBLE happened today! I'll write about that at the end, though. ;)

So, I'm still chugging along. Shake for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, shake for dinner. I've been missing my Ionix Supreme. For some reason, I just can't wrap my head around drinking it first thing in the morning, then having my shake a little later. By the time I'm ready for my shake, I think, "Oh crap! I didn't take my Ionix Supreme!" and I don't want to wait even longer for my breakfast, so I skip it. I find it doesn't work nearly as well when I take it with my shake, so I don't want to waste what I have by not taking it at the optimal time, so I skip it entirely. I TOTALLY notice it, though! I have been stressed out a lot lately. I have reasons to be, but I really feel like I'm overreacting to everything, which wasn't happening when I was taking the Ionix Supreme regularly. I need to get better about that because I REALLY miss it!

I recently started taking the Ageless Essentials with Product B. It's Isagenix's line of vitamins with Product B, which is supposed to be absolutely amazing. I'm getting excellent nutrition from the shakes, but still really believe that supplementation is essential. They're fairly expensive, but when you think about what you're getting, they're a lot more affordable than buying all of those vitamins separately, especially for the quality you're getting!

Now we're getting to something I'm REALLY excited about!  I have a pretty messed up knee. It all started when I was around 12. I was just getting over the flu and noticed that my knee was hurting. I told my mom and she thought I must just still be sore from having the flu. A few months later and my knee was still hurting. My mom took me to the doctor, who, without taking ANY x-rays, told us that since I was a 12 year old, avid soccer player, I had Osgood Schlatter disease. I was told that it should resolve itself around the time I was 16. The pain was so bad that I quit soccer. Around the age of 16, I was playing around with my friends, seeing how high we could kick. I kicked, then had an intense pain in my knee, which caused me to collapse, in tears. Back to the doctor I went. This time, x rays were done and it was found that I didn't have as much cartilage in my knee as I should have and I probably dislocated my knee. Fast forward 17 years. I'm 33 now. I've dealt with, what I've come to find out, is my patella partially dislocating about once a month. It's usually not too bad. I can feel it slip out of place, but it usually goes right back into place with minimal damage and pain. This happening so often has caused the ligament on the inside of my right knee to become very stretched out, so it happens even more regularly. Every once in a while, it completely dislocates and doesn't go right back in. This is EXTREMELY painful and leaves me in a full leg brace for two months and pretty intense pain for at least six months. I have chronic knee pain. It never doesn't at least bother me. It doesn't always "hurt," but it NEVER feels like there is nothing wrong with it. My weight gain has just exacerbated the issue. It was bad supporting 137 lbs. It's AWFUL supporting 300!

I recently started taking Ageless Joint Support by Isagenix. I have taken a lot of different joint support pills in the past. Most are helpful, but I have yet to find one that takes away the pain completely...until now! I take six pills a day, three in the morning and three at night. The first few days, I noticed a difference. My knee wasn't hurting as much when I was walking. It was AWESOME! However, it was what I DIDN'T notice in the next week or so that has me jumping for joy! Drake asked me, "How is the joint support working? Do you notice a difference?" That's when I thought about it, yes I noticed a difference. The difference was that I DIDN'T notice the pain. My knee felt "NORMAL!" Seriously, it not only doesn't hurt, it doesn't even bother me! I can sit and think about it and not feel any difference from my left knee, which has no injury. This is the first time since I was 12 years old that my knee isn't noticeably bothersome. I nearly cried when I came to that realization. I can't even begin to explain the joy of being out of chronic pain for the first time in 21 years. My knee still starts to bother me when I'm exercising or have been walking for a while, but just sitting? No pain at all!

Now, onto my most exciting news of the day! (Okay, so it might not be as exciting as being pain free for once in my life, but I was pretty dang excited and it's the reason I sat down to blog today!) Do you remember how I mentioned that I used to DRIVE to pick my daughter up from school, which is only two blocks away from my home? How when I used to walk, I would be sweating and huffing and puffing by the time I got there? How excited I was that now I can walk there and back without feeling absolutely awful? Today, when I picked my kindergartener up from school, she wanted to "race home." She often does this and I usually tell her, "I'm wearing flip flops! I can't run! You run ahead and stop at the corner and when I catch up to you, we'll cross the street." The truth is, I can't run. I'm too big to run. I run a few steps and am tired and out of breath. She, at five years old, is quite a bit faster than me and certainly has more endurance. In the past, when I've "run" on the treadmill, I feel like I'm running, but I'm honestly only moving as quickly as normal people walk. It's pathetic. Today, when she told me, "I'll race you home!" I told her, "Okay!" and took off jogging. I did it. I jogged. I was faster than my five year old. Not only that, but she told me, "STOP! I can't keep up with you! I'm tired!" I picked her up and spun her around. I haven't been that happy in a REALLY long time. It's such a tiny thing, but it was HUGE for me. I'm honestly in tears right now because I can see my life turning around. For the first time in SO many years, I feel myself changing and it's incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment