Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

September is coming to an end

September is almost over and I'm nowhere near my goal of 5000 swings this month! Boo, Katie. :( I have plenty of excuses, but none of them are very good. Plain and simple, I just didn't do enough. I did 760 swings this morning. That's practically 1/5 of the way to my total goal, so obviously, I had enough time! I do have to say though, that I'm pretty proud of myself. I may not have come anywhere near my goal (although, I still have four days left and if I did the same workout I did this morning, every day, I would almost reach my goal) but, I've gotten stronger. The workout I did this morning, I did a few weeks ago as well. I only made it through half of the workout before and I was DYING. I had to sit during rest periods. This time, I made it through the entire workout and paced back and forth during rest periods. I'm ridiculously proud of how far I've come in the last couple of weeks!

The past few days, I've been suffering from ocular migraines. Usually, for me, they are just a crescent shaped visual disturbance that looks like flickering zig zags. The last few days, however, they've included a rather significant blind spot right in the middle of my vision. In the past, they've lasted up to 48 hours, but thankfully, they've only been about 30 minutes at a time the past few days. However, they do lead up to a doozy of a headache! They've always been painless in the past. So, things seem to be progressing, which isn't a good thing when it comes to pain! lol I'll probably go see an opthalmologist soon just to rule out any issues. I'm concerned that, with the frequency I've been getting them, I'll get one while I'm driving, and well...driving when you have a huge blind spot right in front of you probably isn't a very good idea.

The scale is finally moving again!!! I think my body got used to the routine I was in and just decided it didn't want to go anywhere. It's been frustrating, to say the very least. I got down to 54 pounds lost, then bounced up to 48 pounds lost and hovered right around 50 pounds lost for several weeks. This past weekend, I was bad. I don't know what it was, but I was just craving terrible things! One night, I made garlic bread for dinner. I had far too much of that. Pasta with white sauce? Had that, too! I went to my mom's home for dinner on Sunday and had TWO hamburgers (no bun, just wrapped in lettuce) and a hotdog with saurcraut. I also had a cupcake, then another cupcake on Monday! Yikes! Oddly enough, I didn't gain any weight, and in fact, my weight is finally moving back down! Back to 54 pounds released as of this morning! Woohoo!  I guess my body just needed to be shaken up a bit. I don't advocate going off the deep end like I did, however, it seems to have worked for me, and now that I've had a weekend of going kinda crazy, I'm over it and ready to start back strong again. I don't usually feel deprived, so when I started to feel that way, I just allowed myself to have the things I really wanted and now I no longer want them so badly that I can taste it! lol I know that some people can't do that...one bite and it's all downhill from there, and I was honestly very concerned that would be the case for me, but it doesn't seem to have been, so I'm thrilled with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment