Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why do I do this?

I really need to stop deciding "I'm going to start on date X." I mean, I understand why I do it. It takes time to fill your house with foods you can eat, get rid of foods you can't, mentally prepare for the hell that is dieting, etc. However, and I can't be the only one who does this, those few days before I start seem to trigger something in my mind. They seem to tell me, "You're never going to be able to eat this stuff again, so for the few days you're not on your diet yet, YOU MUST EAT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!" Seriously, my plan was to just get rid of the junk food in the house. Instead, I ate it all. Then, I went to the store, bought more and ate that, too. Then I saw Jack in the Box and that sounded good, so I ate that, too. (Not all of it, mind you.) Then, today, I saw something on Pinterest that sounded really yummy, and knowing that in a couple of days I won't be able to eat it, went and bought everything to make it. Instead of saying, "That's not good for us, I won't make it," I hurried to make sure I could make it before "D Day."

Way to self sabotage, Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment