Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bit the Bullet


I did it! I bit the bullet and joined a gym. I've been saying for years that I was going to do it, but never actually did it. Yesterday, I decided it was time. As of yesterday, I was officially down 85 pounds. Yay! Things are finally headed back in the right direction! So, I gathered up my nerve, went into Crunch Fitness in Rocklin, told the lady at the front desk that I was thinking of joining and asked for a tour. It was amazing how difficult that was for me! My heart was pounding. I don't know why it was such a big deal, but it was really hard for me. I was taken on a tour and decided to join! I signed up for a year in advance and got three personal training sessions. I went with the Peak membership because you need that one to take any classes and I really want to try out the TRX class...eventually. I don't think I'm quite ready for it yet, but it looks really cool! I jokingly told some friends that I was going to do Zumba, which is a huge joke because I have absolutely zero rhythm. Seriously, I consider myself fairly musical. I play several instruments. I sing. Heck, my major in college was music education with a vocal emphasis. Yet, when it comes to moving my body to a beat...I may as well be deaf. I take that back. Deaf people probably dance better than I do because they can feel the beat. I don't even know how to describe it. I'll start "dancing" and I can literally feel that I am totally off beat. I hear the music. I feel the music. My body moves...and it certainly isn't to any beat that is actually playing. It's horrifying! Peak membership also means I get to bring a guest with me any time I go. So, my husband can go with me some days, my mom can go with me, my sister can go with me. I know she loves Zumba! She, somehow, got all of the rhythm in the family. I bet she rocks at Zumba. Not that I really need someone there with me all the time, but it will be nice to have some support. 


I decided to go for the personal training sessions because it's been quite a while since I've been in a gym! I used to work at a 24 Hour Fitness in the childcare area and had a couple of friends who were personal trainers, so they always helped me when I wasn't sure how to use a piece of equipment or if I was using proper form. However, I've since forgotten all of that stuff and want to make sure that I'm doing it right. The lady who gave me a tour is actually a personal trainer and she seemed very nice, so I asked if she would be my trainer. I have two appointments set up with her next week! She said that the first appointment won't count towards the three sessions that I purchased, that it will be more of a "get to know you" meeting, where we'll go over my goals, my limitations, my expectations, etc. She said that in the three actual sessions, she'll take me through all of the machines, show me how to use them, give me tips on proper form, etc. Next Wednesday is the informational meeting, then Friday we start with all of the ab machines. Yikes!

So, wish me luck! I suppose I should buy a pair of tennis shoes. Flip flops aren't quite gym material, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment