Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Once a month...REALLY?!?!!?

I'm not going to start this post with, "It's been FOREVER since I last posted..." Well, I guess I kinda did, huh? I wish I was better at blogging. I would love to be one of those people that blog regularly and get all kinds of followers or whatnot. You'll have to settle for every once in a while, I guess. lol

So, the holiday season has come and gone. I decided not to worry about my weight over Christmas break. I'm not going to be restricting myself my entire life, so I figured I shouldn't do it right now. lol I had several Christmas dinners, Christmas breakfast, Christmas leftovers, etc. I did gain some weight. It's now the 8th of January and I'm almost back to where I was before Christmas. It took longer than I had hoped to get the Christmas weight off, but it's slowly getting there.

You know how you always want to do something when you know you can't, even if you don't want to when you can? For me, it's exercise. I always "want" to exercise on cleanse days when you're not really supposed to. Well, I had an accident recently that has left my right arm pretty much out of commission, so of course, my mind is screaming, "I would TOTALLY exercise if my arm wasn't hurt!" lol Yet, if my arm wasn't hurt, you know I still wouldn't be exercising! I'm so terrible about that. I did kettlebell routines every other day for like a week...yeah, that means three times. lol I was pretty darn proud of myself. However, right now, if my arm wasn't hurt, I would TOTALLY exercise! ;) Even cardio hurts my arm. I DID try! I got on my elliptical and holding onto the machine and/or pumping my arm hurts. I have been walking a bit, but that's about it.

I do have some BIG news! I signed up for the Isabody Challenge! December 31st was my official start date (I figured lots of people would be entering on the 1st, so I thought I'd be different and start BEFORE the new year. lol I'm down 7 pounds since the 31st, so I think I'm off to a pretty good start (pretty sad that down 7 pounds still doesn't put me back to where I was before Christmas, but whatever. lol) Unfortunately, that meant I had to take ANOTHER picture of myself. I'm not a huge fan of pictures of myself. It did, however, give me the opportunity to compare the new pictures to the older pictures I have of myself. I have to say, I'm pretty darn proud of myself! I'm not going to post the full pictures (because who really wants to see me in a sports bra and shorts? I'll spare you that image burned into your retinas for the rest of your life), but I will post face shots of day one, one month in, and six months in (which was the start of my Isabody Challenge!)  In the last picture, I was going for the "I look sick and sad and tired and fat" before look. I couldn't stop laughing. lol



My goal for the Isabody challenge is 80 pounds. I have six months to do this. I feel it's a VERY lofty goal, seeing as I only lost that much my first six months, but I really AM going to exercise this six months, so hopefully that will help. lol This will put me almost at goal weight and I will hopefully be at goal weight by Celebration in August of 2013!

Holy cow, I can't believe that! Seriously...goal weight?!?!?!? How did I come this far already? How am I going to get this far once again to make it to goal weight? I'm almost half way there. I still have over half way to go. I have all of these thoughts running through my mind. Many are positive. I'm getting better at that. Many are pretty self defeating. However, things are going in the right direction. For the most part, when I think, "I can't do this" thoughts, I can replace them with, "Look at what you've done! You're awesome!" thoughts. lol I'm hoping to get rid of the negative thoughts entirely! :)

Okay, I really need to get my butt in gear and win this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment