Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Monday, January 28, 2013

Sick and Tired

Not thick and tired, but sick and tired. The sickies have hit my house. It started with my eldest, then moved to a couple of younger kids, then hit me full force. For the past three days, I've been on the couch, unable to do anything. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband and incredible kids, so all of my slack was picked up, and then some! I woke up this morning, finally feeling a bit better, to a clean house, clean dishes, homemade cough syrup, and everything taken care of so I don't have to lift a finger today while I recover. So nice! I picked a good one!

Sadly the only thing I wanted to eat while I was sick was carbs. lol Waffles, toast, plain cookie with honey on it. I wasn't eating much, so I figured I would eat whatever actually sounded good. Yesterday, hotdogs sounded amazing. Ummm...yeah, probably a bad idea. Oh well. The scale certainly showed that it was a bad idea! I gained four pounds yesterday. Yikes! I know you're not supposed to weigh every day, but I do. In fact, I weigh several times a day. I only "count" the weigh in the morning after a two day cleanse, but I like to make sure I'm heading in the right direction.

Today is a cleanse day. I debated whether or not to cleanse. I feel like I should probably be feeding myself to get myself healthy, but I know the Cleanse for Life is also SO good for you. I decided to go for it, and if it seemed like a bad idea part way through, I would stop. So far, so good! I started the morning with an E+ Energy Shot. These are new little energy drinks from Isagenix. They're made from green tea and yerba matte as well as adaptogens and other good for you stuff. They're fine on cleanse days, and the research has shown that people actually lose MORE weight on cleanse days with the E+ Energy Shot than without, so I've decided to give them a try! Honestly, they taste like cough syrup. They're really pretty bad. However, I can drink 2 oz of anything if it will make me feel good and be healthy! I was pleasantly surprised to find that they really work! I have been pretty much dead to the world since Friday evening. This morning, I was feeling a bit better, but still pretty foggy, light headed and dizzy when I stood. I took the E+ Energy shot, and within ten minutes, the fog was gone! I could focus, I wasn't dizzy...I actually felt like I wasn't sick anymore. That probably lasted for about two hours before the fogginess started creeping back in, and now, about 5 hours after taking the shot, I'm not feeling all that awesome, but I still feel better than I did this morning and I have been able to do stuff today without needing a nap, so I'm calling it amazing! I really wasn't expecting it to work. I'm SO glad I was wrong! I'm going to send a few to one of my good friends, who drinks 5 Hour Energy drinks like they're water because she's a 911 dispatcher on the graveyard shift. I'm curious to know how she thinks these compare to the 5 Hour Energy. They are really good for you and have adaptogens, which I thought were really hokey before I started taking the Ionix Supreme, but now am a complete believer! 911 dispatchers can obviously use some stress management in their lives! I hope they work amazingly well for her! I'll let you know what she thinks of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment