Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Monday, February 4, 2013

Are you tired of hearing about the gym yet?

So, gym day again today! They say it takes 21 days to make a habit. Today makes day 4! They (who is this THEY anyways?) also say that most people eventually LOVE the gym and LOVE working out and feel like something is missing if they miss a workout. I'm really looking forward to that. It certainly hasn't happened yet! Today is better than yesterday, though. I don't feel like I'm going to throw up! I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think it means I didn't work out hard enough. I knew as I left the gym that I didn't work as hard as I could and I was a little disappointed in myself, but when my legs gave out and I almost fell in the parking lot, I decided to cut myself some slack!

My goal (as I believe I mentioned previously) is to do just a little bit more each day.

This is what my days have looked like so far:

Day 1 (Wednesday of last week) 1 mile on elliptical
Day 2: I took off
Day 3: 1.37 miles on the elliptical; 1 mile on the recumbent bike
Day 4: 3000 meters ergometer; 4 miles stationary bike
Day 5: 2 miles elliptical; 2000 meters ergometer; 5 miles stationary bike
Day 6: 7 miles stationary bike; 6 miles recumbent bike

The stationary bike hurts my rear. The recumbent bike makes my feet go to sleep. Both cause a shooting pain in my inner hip area. I can adjust and make it go away, but I have to be constantly thinking about it or it comes back, which sucks. The ergometer is my favorite. Unfortunately, the gym only has two of them and they were both occupied the entire time I was there today.  I'll get it first thing tomorrow if I can! I think I'm going for the 5k on the erg tomorrow!

Unfortunately, I think I'm getting sick again. This morning I woke up with a terribly sore throat and a swollen soft palette, which made it difficult to speak/drink/breathe. That's really no fun. I considered not going to the gym, but realized I was perfectly capable of going, just looking for any excuse not to go. It hasn't even been a week and I'm ready to not go because of a little sore throat? That's just not okay! My head is all foggy now and I feel pretty miserable, but I went...and I'm proud of myself for that! Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow instead of worse!

I feel silly saying this, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Day 1, I was DYING after that mile on the elliptical, like couldn't breathe, I felt like my heart was going to pound right out of my chest, I decided exercise was going to kill me, DYING. I didn't go back the next day because I was convinced I was still too fat to exercise. I told myself I'd lose some more weight, THEN start to exercise because it would be easier. The next day was my first day with my personal trainer. That's when I told myself that I spent a small fortune on this membership and physical trainer. I wasn't about to let that money go to waste! So, I just did it. Then, I did it again...and again...and again. It's not getting easier, because I'm not allowing it to. It's easier to do today what I did on the first day, but that's why I'm doing more than that. Today I spent OVER AN HOUR on the bikes. Seven minutes the first day nearly killed me and here it is, less than a week later and I'm going over an hour! That's awesome! I can't wait to see my trainer on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment