Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Friday, February 1, 2013

Gym Time!

I met with my personal trainer today! She was very nice. I like her a lot. Today was basically just an introduction, weigh/measure, go over my goals, talk about my limitations (my knee, mainly) and talk about her plans for our next three sessions. Her goal, by the time my sessions are up, is that I will feel comfortable at the gym, know how to use the equipment, and basically have the knowledge I need to succeed. Next Friday is our first "real" personal training session. We're going to work on my core because she feels that is the most important thing to work on. She told me that no matter what I come into the gym to do and no matter how much or how little time I have to work out, she wants me to get at least one rep of core work done each time I am there. So, if I only have 45 minutes, do 40 minutes of cardio and 5 minutes of core. I think I can do that! I told her that I had only been to the gym once since I got my membership. She asked me what I did while I was there and I told her I went on the elliptical. She then asked me how long I spent doing it. "Until I started to sweat and got tired" wasn't the answer she was looking for, apparently. I now have a goal of "Each time you're doing cardio, just do more than you did the day before." I think I can do that! When I went last time, I did a mile on the elliptical. This time, I did 1.37 miles on the elliptical and a mile on the bike. Progress! I should eventually work up to 45 minutes of cardio. I mentioned that I think cardio is boring, so she suggested I do 15 minutes on three different machines (for instance, row, elliptical, step) and that it doesn't have to be 45 minutes straight on one machine, just 45 minutes of cardio with little rest between.  Let me tell you, that's some work! By the time I got off the bike today, I was literally sick to my stomach. I'm SO out of shape! I just have to keep telling myself that this is worth it and that, not only will exercise help me lose weight, but it will keep me from being unhealthy, even if I'm thin. Thin doesn't mean healthy. I was thin in high school, but was eating Burger King everyday! That's not healthy! I want to be healthy.

Yeah, I'll just keep telling myself that!

No comments:

Post a Comment