Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh My Gosh, I DID IT!!!!

I actually felt EXCITED about going to the gym! Not only was I excited to go to the gym, but I was HAPPY while I was there!!! Seriously, ground breaking news here!!!

I had every excuse not to go to the gym today. I couldn't earlier in the morning because I had to get the kids off to school. Then, I had to take my husband to work (We only have one car). Then, my son had a doctor's appointment. Then, my son didn't want to go back to school because he didn't go in the morning, which meant he was going to be considered tardy and if you have more than two tardies in a semester, you're not eligible for the drawing for a bike and they don't differentiate between tardy because you had a doctor's appointment and tardy because you slept in. So, I told him he could stay home. (He's a straight A student, so  I really don't get bent out of shape about him missing a day here and there, even if he's not sick) By the time we got home from the doctor's appointment, I had less than an hour I could spend at the gym anyways.  All of these things were basically begging me to tell myself that it was okay to stay home today. Instead, I found someone to stay with Cole and went! The strange thing was...it wasn't a chore. I WANTED to find a way to go. Even though everything was working against me going, I was determined to find a way to make it there because I WANTED to be there. Not only that, but when I was there, I ENJOYED being there. I was on the ergometer and when I saw that machine counting down, SO close to finishing 5k, I had the BIGGEST smile on my face! I probably looked like a huge dork, but I didn't care! The furthest I had gone on the erg before was 3k. I did FIVE THOUSAND METERS today!!! This was AFTER three miles on the eilliptical and BEFORE 2 1/2 miles on the stationary bike!!! I had enough energy in me to go further on the bike, but I had to get home to pick my daughter up from school, so I stopped early.

Did I mention that all of this is on a CLEANSE day?!?!!? That's right...no solid food today, but incredible energy! I did have an E+ Energy shot today, which I really REALLY think makes a HUGE difference. Seriously...you know that day that I was dragging and was really down on myself about not working as hard as I could? I didn't have an E+ natural energy shot that day. Coincidence? Maybe, but I don't think so.  After being a huge coffee and Monster addict, I didn't think there was any way this tiny little shot with some green tea and yerba matte would give me any sort of boost, but I was SO wrong! These things are absolutely amazing! Seriously, if you drink coffee or energy drinks and want nothing to do with anything else Isagenix, get off of that crap and get the E+ shot!

I'm a little concerned about tomorrow. It's cleanse day number two and you're really not supposed to exercise on cleanse days. I figure day 1 is okay because you still have all of the food to burn from the day before (and boy did I eat yesterday! I went out to breakfast with my cousin, some uncles and my aunt, then out to dinner with my family!) but by day 2, you're really burning your stored fat and if you exercise, you start to break down muscle and having nothing to build it back up. They say that light walking or swimming is okay, so I may just go to the gym and do some light spinning on the recumbent bike, as that seems to be the easiest for me. I just don't want to get out of the habit of going to the gym. I know from experience with other things that once I give myself an excuse not to do something that is difficult for me, it becomes easier and easier to make new excuses. NO EXCUSES!

No comments:

Post a Comment