Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lunch Today

YUMMY lunch today! I usually do 3 oz. of chicken breast with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pea shoots and mushrooms. I decided to mix things up a bit today and have pizza!

PIZZA?!?!?!?! Hear me out, here!

1 soft taco size whole wheat tortilla 120 calories
1 T. pesto 70 calories
3 small balls of fresh mozzarella (the kind that comes packed in water) 70 calories
3 slices of a small heirloom tomato 7 calories
3 oz. grilled chicken 132 calories

First, I pounded the chicken breast flat, then grilled it with some Himilayan salt and rosemary. Then, I baked the tortilla in a 350 degree oven for 4 minutes, flipped it and baked it for 4 more minutes. I spread 1 T. pesto on the baked tortilla, cut the balls of mozzarella into small slices and put those on top of the basil. Next came the heirloom tomato slices, cut into 1/4's, then it was all topped with the diced chicken and baked for 5 minutes. All this for 390 calories!

On the side, I had about 4 cups of raw spinach and 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms, fried in about 1 T of pesto. This added about 100 calories to my lunch.

So, TWO plates of food for 490 calories! Not bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment