Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My husband

My husband is starting on Isagenix! I'm not sure he'd be all that thrilled to know that I'm blogging about it, but he doesn't read this. ;) (I'm kidding honey! kinda)  His order should arrive next week. He has a lot less weight to lose than I do, but he's a man, so he'll probably lose it all in one month while sitting around doing nothing and eating fast food. lol I'm kidding...kinda. I don't know why it's so much easier for men to lose weight than women. I think it must have something to do with our bodies being made to carry and nourish babies, while theirs is made to hunt and fight.

My 12 year old is in cross country. She's pretty fast. However, she's always bummed that there are a few boys that she just can't beat. On her last cross country team, she was the fastest girl on her team and she beat quite a few boys, but there were always a few that she just couldn't keep up with, no matter how hard she trained. I was discussing this with my husband today, wondering out loud why girls just aren't as fast as boys. I don't think it's sexist, it's just truth. For the most part, boys are made to be faster and stronger. I've decided that girls just aren't made for fight or flight. As women, we're made to protect our children. We aren't made to stand up and fight and we aren't made to run away as quickly as possible. If something were to happen, we are made to gather our children, carry some on our hips and get out, but not made to run on our own. We can't be fast if we want to stay with our children, so our bodies weren't made to be super fast. I think men are made to hunt, fight and protect, so their bodies are faster and stronger than women's bodies. Don't get me wrong, there are AMAZING women athletes, at the top of their game, who are extremely strong and extremely fast and I'd take them fighting and protecting me over the vast majority of men, but the male athletes who are also at the top of their game are stronger and faster. It almost pains me to think of these things because deep down, I'm really a feminist who wants to say that women and men are exactly equal because I feel like I'm degrading women by saying that men are stronger and faster, but I can't ignore something that stares you in the face! lol We're created differently and I think there are definite reasons. I'm not saying that we have to conform to those reasons. I certainly don't think that just because you're made to have babies that you have to, or that because you're made to protect, you're expected to be some amazingly strong guy, but I think, when it comes to basic biology, we have evolved (or better yet, this is probably part of us that hasn't really evolved at all) into creatures that were made for certain jobs.

Anyways, enough of that. My husband is starting! Yay for him! I keep telling him that I'm going to take his measurements and take pictures and he keeps telling me there is not a chance in hell that is going to happen, but we'll see. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment