Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Friday, July 27, 2012

Lunch

I'm still struggling to consume enough calories of the right food. 1200 calories a day...480 calories worth of shakes...leaving 720 calories throughout the rest of the day.

This has been my lunch the last few days:
1/2 chicken breast (which is, apparently, actually a 1/4 because you count both pieces as a breast? I don't know why chickens are considered to only have one breast. I have two. They're getting smaller, too! Yes, I overshare.)
1 oz. goat cheese
2 cups pea shoots
2 cups spinach
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/8 cup sun dried tomatoes (julienned)

I fry up the chicken breast (on a nonstick pan, so I don't have to use any oil).
I top it with 1 oz. crumbled goat cheese. On top of that, I put the julienned sun dried tomatoes (that I have simmered in water for a few minutes). I then fry up the mushrooms with some garlic and Himilayan sea salt, then add the pea shoots and spinach to the pan and cook them with the mushrooms until they are all wilted. I then put all of the veggies on top of the chicken with cheese and tomatoes.

It's absolutely DELICIOUS and around 350 calories. Which leaves me with 370 calories to somehow eat the rest of the day. After eating my lunch, I'm honestly just not hungry anymore the rest of the day! Do I force myself to eat? Today, I added about 1 teaspoon of pesto spread on the chicken before the goat cheese and cooked my mushrooms in about 2 tsp. of pesto. It honestly made it taste EVEN BETTER! Big surprise, as I love pesto. lol It added about 70 calories, which put me right in the calorie count I want for lunch (between 400 and 600) but still left me a calorie deficit for the day.

I'm thinking of maybe having a hard boiled egg for a snack later in the day? I don't know. It just seems silly to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment