Pages

Ads 468x60px

About

Blogger news

Blogroll

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Taking things for granted

There are things that I think that people who are not extremely overweight take for granted. Bending over to pick something up from a sitting position, sitting in a chair without wondering if it will hold your weight, fitting in a booth seat at a restaurant, crossing your legs, going on a roller coaster with your children, etc.

Today, I did something I haven't been able to do in a long time.
I sat out our dining table without scooting out the bench. See, this might not seem like a big deal to most people, but to me, it really is. Our dining table has two benches and a bunch of chairs. I always sit in a chair because if I sit on a bench with my kids, I have to pull the bench so far away from the table to sit at it that my kids can't reach their food on the table. At lunch today, I went to sit at the table. The kids had apparently moved all of the chairs for other uses (probably to make a fort somewhere lol) so I had to sit on a bench. Not a big deal. I was the only one eating at the time. My children were the last to sit on the bench, so as usual, it was pretty close to the table. I don't know why I decided to try to fit...I just did, and guess what....I FIT!!! Granted, my stomach was touching the table, but for someone who has had to ask for a regular table after not fitting in a booth at a restaurant, (talk about humiliating!) this was a pretty big deal!

Weigh in today after my latest cleanse: 275. That's right...22 pounds in 19 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment